email@example.com • phone: 310.220.0271
Proven systems administrator, developer, and network specialist with a decade of experience striving to provide excellent cross-platform support for individuals and organizations.
Executive IT Support, Van Nuys, CA
May 2008 - May 2009
- Performed on-site and remote access maintenance and troubleshooting on Windows and Macintosh workstations and servers.
- Deployed, upgraded and tuned wired and wireless networks for residential and business clients, including the management of service upgrades and cutovers to new service.
- Created and maintained detailed high-level process and instructional documentation for individuals and workgroups.
- Provided training on new and existing documentation to individuals and groups.
- Tracked and managed service tickets and trouble reports with external vendors to ensure prompt follow-up and quick resolution.
- Specialized in cross-platform integration of Macintosh OS X clients in Windows Server environments.
Praxis Computing Inc, Marina Del Rey, CA
January 2004 - April 2008
- Developed, coded, tested and implemented dynamic web applications using Coldfusion sever-side scripting with SQL database backends.
- Maintained property, talent, and accounting databases written in the 4D (4th Dimension) relational database engine.
- Designed, coded, and deployed a remotely-managed storefront hardware-software billboard system for displaying dynamic information live via the Internet.
- Implemented and maintained a wiki-based internal documentation system.
- Built and deployed an XML parsing engine to locate, index, and download property photos from the local regional Multiple Listing Service to add property information to the local database.
- Performed on-site and remote desktop and server support, maintenance and training for numerous professional clients.
- Acted as the exclusive company resource for Unix, Macintosh, and PDA information and client support.
- Migrated medium-sized (15+ machines) environments including desktops and servers from MacOS 9 to MacOS X.
- Contributed graphic design services to internal and external client projects.
- Troubleshoot, configure and deploy Cisco Routers and Switches.
- Setup and deployed rack-mounted hardware including UPS systems, networking equipment servers, and backup units.
EarthLink Network, Pasadena, CA
March 2001 - January 2004
Ticket Operations Skilled Specialist
- Escalated vendor trouble tickets for various external DSL and Satellite internet vendors.
- Selected as a member of "Unified Trouble Ticket" Pilot Team established to design, beta test and troubleshoot a new tracking database which increased throughput dramatically upon implementation.
- Maintained a perfect attendance record for two consecutive years.
Technical Support Agent
- Handled customer issues on a wide variety of technical skill-sets including: cross-platform dial-up and DSL; satellite internet access hardware and software; and a semi-proprietary home networking product.
- Consistently maintained highest marks for efficiency and customer service by handling an above-average number of user support cases on a nightly bases.
AB Miller High School, Fontana, CA
January 1997 - June 2000
Internal Staff Technical Apprentice
- Founded, staffed, and supervised an elite group of skilled and motivated students to maintain, repair, and diagnose hardware, software, and networking equipment on a case-by-case basis.
- Trained, supported, and assisted staff on new equipment deployments and network services.
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Router configuration and setup.
- ACL creation and updates.
- VLAN management.
- WAN interface setup for T1, Cable, DSL PPPoE, DSL Static IP.
- WLAN survey, deployment, and channel management.
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Workstation maintenance and setup, local and roaming profile management.
- Client integration with Active Directory.
- Customized windows deployment via sysprep.
- Group Policy customization and Registry editing.
- Active Directory administration.
- Amateur Radio, electronics, micro-controllers, robotics, and gadgets hobbyist.